PHASE 2 DIAMOND DRILLING
In June 2021, Aton contracted Energold Drilling to undertake a 3,350m diamond drilling programme at Rodruin. Energold supplied a Global Drilling ID500-G track-mounted rig, which is engineered to drill horizontal and very shallow holes, as well as conventional inclined and vertical holes. Drilling started at Rodruin in late November 2021 and is ongoing, with the programme being extended beyond its original meterage due to its success.
The programme has been designed to test for open pittable oxide mineralisation, and deeper primary sulphide mineralisation, to resolve some of the structural complexities at Rodruin, as well as rapidly advancing the project to establishment of a maiden resource estimate. It is anticipated that work will commence on the MRE as soon as the ongoing programme is completed.
To date the results from Aladdin’s Hill, the Central Buttress Zone and Spiral Pit (‘SPZ’) have been very positive, indicating the presence of broad zones of surface and near-surface open pittable mineralisation.
Highlights from the programme so far include:
- ROD-054: 24.2m @ 2.13 g/t Au and 8.0 g/t Ag;
- ROD-055: 88.25m @ 1.74 g/t Au and 9.7 g/t Ag;
- ROD-056: 129.5m @ 1.00 g/t Au and 8.8 g/t Ag;
- ROD-057: 86.6m @ 0.76 g/t Au and 6.3 g/t Ag;
- ROD-059: 45.93m @ 0.93 g/t Au and 3.8 g/t Ag;
- ROD-061: 85.4m @ 0.66 g/t Au and 10.2 g/t Ag;
- ROD-061: 40.0m @ 2.32 g/t Au and 8.2 g/t Ag;
- ROD-063: 38.1m @ 0.79 g/t Au and 6.0 g/t Ag;
- ROD-067: 27.68m @ 0.52 g/t Au and 9.2 g/t Ag; 5.32m @ 2.89 g/t Au and 70.1 g/t Ag;
- ROD-069: 12.3m @ 1.57 g/t Au and 8.8 g/t Ag; 9.88m @ 0.95 g/t Au and 10.4 g/t Ag;
- ROD-071: 88.6m @ 5.76g/t Au, 42.0g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu and 2.40% Zn;
The above results (88.6m @ 5.76g/t Au, 42.0g/t Ag, 0.31% Cu and 2.40% Zn) is the best intersection the company has drilled to date and provides Rodruin a new zone to target.